Disability Support Professionals
At Koomarri, we support people with a disability to achieve their life goals, dreams and aspirations. To make this happen, we have an amazing team of dedicated professionals who support people to have a great life.
Our team puts people with a disability and their families first. They look for opportunities and experiences that truly make a difference in a person’s life. They are committed to human rights and making our society more inclusive.
We are a local, grassroots organisation that has been an integral part of the Canberra community for decades. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping others and getting involved in a range of local activities.
We have a number of part-time jobs available across our employment and skills development teams. These shifts are mostly on weekdays, don’t involve sleepovers, and are based all over Canberra.
Interested? Here’s some of the boxes we will need you to tick:
- Passionate about supporting people with a disability to live the life they choose. You must put the people we support, and their families, first.
- The ability to form positive relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Be a great team member who supports their colleagues to do their best.
- Are clear about your availability. We are looking for people who can commit to a set roster so that the people we support have predictable, and reliable, support each week. Staff can have permanent part-time rosters for as little as three hours a week, and can work up to 38 hours a week. Have experience in – or be willing to learn – how to provide best practice support for people with intellectual disability in the community, in their home, or in the workplace.
- Have a strong sense of accountability and confidentiality.
We also have some essential requirements; these aren’t negotiable:
- A current ACT Working with Vulnerable People General Registration or relevant NDIS Worker Screening
- Current First Aid Certification
- Current ACT or NSW driver’s license
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Completion Certificate
- Own licensed and insured vehicle for transport, including transporting the people we support.
- Prepared to provide support anywhere in Canberra.
We’d love to hear your story if you are interested in joining the Koomarri team. Send your resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org